The curricular unit intends to enable students to:
- Identify the main characteristics of media markets;
- Discuss the recent transformations operated in the international media systems and problematize the consequences of those alterations to media company management;
- Identify the regulatory policies adopted in the last decade;
- Be able to frame the Portuguese media market in the international context;
- Assess the impact of exogenous conditions (changes in consumption, regulatory policies and technological shifts) in the management of media corporations;
- Be able to understand and discuss the challenges that globalisation brings to corporations and the impact of the new media on media markets.