Universidade Católica Portuguesa, under Decree-Law No. 64/2006, of 21 March, and by directive NR/R/0108/2006, allows access to its undergraduate degrees for those aged 23 and over who, while not having qualifications that grant them access to higher education, are able to prove their ability to attend a HE degree.
Please consult the General Regulations for special exams suitable to assess the ability to attend Higher Education for mature students.
|Applications:||March 30 to May 24|
|Release of the list of candidates admitted to exams:||May 28|
|Written exam:||June 20|
|Release of final results:||June 23 (end of the day)|
|Enrolment:||June 26 a 30|
- Portuguese ID card;
- Documents (diplomas, qualification certificates, letters of recommendation) that the candidate considers useful to support the submitted CV;
- Declaration, on honour, that the candidate does not hold qualifications that grant them access to higher education;
- Motivation letter addressed to the Board of the Faculty of Human Sciences.
The assessment of the candidates’ ability to attend FCH-Católica undergraduate degrees is carried out through the following components:
1. Evaluation of educational and professional CV;
2. Explanation of the candidate’s motivations for wishing to enter higher education and interview;
3. Written examination to evaluate the knowledge and skills considered fundamental for admission and progression in the degree to which the candidate is applying.
Application fee for over 23 (2023/2024): 230.00€
Step 1 – Start your online application selecting "Over 23" (HERE)
Please fill in your personal details, select the degree you wish to apply for, and attach all required documentation.*
The original document or a certified copy must be submitted to the Secretaria Escolar (Administrative Office) during enrolment.
* Please note that all documents must be submitted in PDF format.
Step 2 – Payment of application fee
After completing your application and attaching the required documentation, you must complete payment of the application fee (230.00€* - which is non-refundable). Please note that your application will only be considered complete after payment of this fee.
Step 3 – Application Results
Results will be made available in the Candidate Area on the scheduled date, with the indication of “Admitted” or “Not admitted”. You can access this area using the login details you will receive at the end of your application.
After results are released, you will receive an email with instructions on how to enrol.
For more information on the application process, please contact Cristina Morgado (firstname.lastname@example.org).