The professional opportunities available to Social Work undergraduates include the following:
- Direct provision of services to populations, in the social monitoring of individuals and families, of group and community intervention;
- Administration and management of social institutions and services;
- Consultancy, assessment, design and coordination of programmes and projects in the areas of social policy and intervention;
- Social research.
Social Work professionals carry out their activity in different organizational contexts, such as the Public Administration Sector, Private Social Solidarity Institutions, Non-Governmental Organizations, Foundations, Private Companies, namely in the areas of:
- Social security;
- Social action;
- Early intervention;
- Justice and social reintegration;
- Housing and environment;
- Professional training and employment;
- Regional, local and community development.