The Master in Asian Studies, taught in English, is aimed at graduates interested in deepening their knowledge of Asian societies, cultures and political systems and their major historical and cultural references. The Master in Asian Studies has an interdisciplinary and multidisciplinary profile, with an international body of specialized teachers/researchers. The faculty of the programme has scientific articulations of dialogue and cooperation, individually or institutionally, with Western and Asian institutions, capable of enhancing the internationalization of the programme and the Masters in Asian Studies.
The Master in Asian Studies aims to:
- Provide beginner-level training in Asian languages (namely Chinese, Japanese and Korean) and/or provide intermediate-level language training tutorship;
- Develop social and cultural competences for the relationship with Asian interlocutors (universities, governments, economic agents, cultural institutions, NGOs, etc.);
- Strengthen professional skills for information about Asian societies and cultures, in various professional and research areas;
- Develop a critical and problematizing reading of the theoretical frameworks surrounding Asian Studies;
- Promote the skills to develop autonomous and original teaching and research activities on Asian topics.
Want to know more about this program?