- Candidates that have completed the 12th grade of Portuguese high school or hold a legally recognised equivalent qualification;
- Candidates that have completed high school or 12th grade internationally. To this end, they are to obtain recognition of legal equivalence with the Portuguese secondary school system.
As regards admission requirements, candidates are admitted if they take the Portuguese National Exams or request the acceptance of the equivalent final examination completed on a foreign educational system. *
In order to find out about equivalent subjects to the university admissions, please contact Católica-Human Sciences.
* NOTE: The hard copies of all final Secondary Education documents must be certified by the Portuguese Consulate in the study location, by the Student's Country consulate in Portugal, or have Apostille.
Candidates are accepted according to the following entrance required exams:
|Communication and Cultural Sciences||Portuguese or History or English|
|Applied Foreign Languages||Portuguese or English|
Portuguese or Biology and Geology or Mathematics Applied to Social Sciences*
|Social Work||Portuguese or History or Mathematics Applied to Social Sciences*|
|Philosophy||Portuguese or History or Philosophy|
|NEW | Philosophy, Politics and Economics||
Math A and Portuguese or
*can be replaced by Math A or B
The application grade is calculated as follows:
- Final Secondary School grade: 60%
- Result of the Required Exams: 40%
Applications Calendar 2021/2022
July 15 to August 9
August 10 to September 20
(payment of enrolment
and first tuition fee)
|August 16 to 18||
September 23 to 24
|Confirmation of the registration
|Until August 20||Until September 24|
Applications - How to apply:
Candidates may submit their applications as from the month of July within the deadlines set by the calendar available on the Universidade Católica Portuguesa website by any one of the following means:
- Online, via the UCP website or through the following link.
In either situation, the application is only accepted following the delivery of all of the necessary documentation and the payment of the non-refundable application fee (135.00€).