Psychology applied to Business and Economics, as a vibrant and valuable area for research and teaching, has attracted the interest of top universities worldwide. This new Master’s Degree in Psychology in Business and Economics is the first programme in Portugal to specifically address this important area.
The Master in Psychology in Business and Economics includes strong psychological foundations, structured and directly applied to the fields of economics and business, in order to enlarge opportunities for psychologists to meaningfully contribute to organizations.
- Increase understanding of how psychological knowledge and competencies influence the working of economic organizations and market economies;
- Explore the psychological mechanisms underlying micro, meso and macro economic processes in society, as well as ways in which these can influence and shape human behaviours and wellbeing;
- Prepare psychologists to actively participate in and contribute to complex and diversified organisational and business contexts that bring together psychology and economic/business changes, decisions, organizations, and behaviour.
Knowledge and Competences
Throughout their Master’s degree, students will acquire competences including:
- Problem diagnosis, formulation and analysis;
- Observation and evaluation of complex sociocultural and economic situations;
- Design, development, and execution of research projects, including questionnaire based field research and laboratory experiments, and appropriate statistical analyses
Students will also develop tools and interventions to solve practical problems in a wide range of organizational areas, including:
- Recruitment, selection, training & development of human resources
- Motivation, performance, and productivity
- Talent management
- Career management
- Consumer attitudes, preferences, and behaviours
- Reasoning, judgment and decision-making
- Creativity, innovation and entrepreneurship
- Leadership and team management
- Organizational change and strategic planning
- Interpersonal relations and diversity management
Want to know more about this program?