Applications for 2024/2025
For the academic year of 2024/2025, the applications will take place at University of Coimbra. More information soon.
The following are eligible to apply to the Inter-university Social Work Doctoral Degree Program:
- Holders of Master’s Degrees or the legal equivalent in Social Word or similar;
- Holders of Undergraduate Degrees in Social Work or similar;
- On an exceptional basis, the holders of relevant academic, scientific or professional curricula of recognised relevance and demonstrating the capacity to undertake this study cycle as deemed by the legal and competent statutory entities of the university in conjunction with an opinion issued by the respective Scientific and Coordination Commission of the Doctoral Degree Program.
Documents required for the application
- Curriculum Vitae in Portuguese or English;
- University Transcripts of Records - Original documents should be presented until October 30;
- Motivation Letter (2 pages max.) - the motivation letter should introduce you to the selection committee, explain why you have chosen this program and why you would be a good fit;
- Identification document (Passport or ID card);
- Payment of the non-refundable application fee;
- 1 passport size photo;
- Vaccination record (tetanus vaccine updated).
Note: Besides those mentioned above, any other documents that Applicants find relevant to their application may be included.
Note: All Degrees earned abroad, Transcripts and Certificates must be duly translated into Portuguese (if not in English, French or Spanish).