Media and Uncertainty is the topic of the 2020 edition of the Lisbon Winter School for the Study of Communication that each years brings together senior scholars and PhD students to discuss central topics in communication studies. The Winter School takes a global approach to the study of central themes in communication studies.
The Lisbon Winter School is organised by the Phd Program in Communication Studies and the Research Center for Communication Studies in partnership with the Center for Media at Risk at the Annenberg School for Communication (University of Pennsylvania), the London School of Economics and Political Science, the Chinese University of Hong Kong and the University of Helsinki.
Some of the keynotes confirmed include:
- Dominique Brossard (University of Wisconcin-Madison)
- Sonia Livingstone (London School of Economics & Political Science)
- Fathali Moghaddam (George Washington University)
- James Painter (University of Oxford)
- Victor Pickard (Annenberg School for Communication, University of Pennsylvania)
- Saskia Witteborn (Chinese University of Hong Kong)
- Esa Väliverronen (University of Helsinki),
- Carla Ganito (Universidade Católica Portuguesa)
- Teresa Ashe (The Open University)
For more information and registration please visit: lisbonwinterschool.com.