- Candidates that have completed the 12th grade of Portuguese high school or hold a legally recognised equivalent qualification;
- Candidates that have completed high school or 12th grade internationally. To this end, they are to obtain recognition of legal equivalence with the Portuguese secondary school system.
As regards admission requirements, candidates are admitted if they take the Portuguese National Exams or request the acceptance of the equivalent final examination completed on a foreign educational system. *
In order to find out about equivalent subjects to the university admissions, please contact Católica-Human Sciences.
* NOTE: The hard copies of all final Secondary Education documents must be certified by the Portuguese Consulate in the study location, by the Student's Country consulate in Portugal, or have Apostille.
Candidates are accepted according to the following entrance required exams:
- Social and Cultural Communication Studies: Portuguese or History or English
- Applied Foreign Languages: Portuguese or English
- Psychology: Portuguese or Biology and Geology or Mathematics Applied to Social Sciences, Math A or B
- Social Service: Portuguese or History or Mathematics Applied to Social Sciences, Math A or B
- Philosophy: Portuguese or History or Philosophy
The application grade is calculated as follows:
- Final Secondary School grade: 60%
- Result of the Required Exams: 40%
Applications - How to apply:
Candidates may submit their applications as from the month of July within the deadlines set by the calendar available on the Universidade Católica Portuguesa website by any one of the following means:
- In person, at Loja do Candidato on the UCP Campus in Lisbon;
- Online, via the UCP website or through the following link.
In either situation, the application is only accepted following the delivery of all of the necessary documentation and the payment of the non-refundable application fee.