The curricular unit aims to:
- contribute to the humanistic education of the students of Social Work;
- show the specificity of CA as a Social Science;
- present culture as a second nature and the human being as both producer and product of culture;
- highlight the role of culture as a filter in the relationship of the Human Person with her/himself.
- analyze the interdependence between culture and community life;
- develop the self-consciousness of the students regarding the internalization of ethnocentric attitudes and stereotypes;
- analyze the presence of cultural diversity in the Social Worker’s practices.