- To investigate the concepts of ‘choice’ and ‘vocabulary’ in the process of language usage.
- To describe the concepts of ‘discourse’, representation’, ‘media’, ‘(re)mediation’ and ‘world models’ in a multimediated era.
- To put forward the New Rhetoric framework of analysis: the nexus between the classic functions of discourse – persuasion and argumentation – and the modern/contemporary democratic negotiation.
- To value and enhance a performative approach to discourse, ‘agenda’ conflicts and the subjectification of the communicative process.
- To understand the process of meaning attribution and opinion forming: from traditional media to new media.
3 ECTs / Semester / Portuguese