CECC is a global humanities research centre, responding to the challenges brought about by globalization and media change and the growing awareness about the role of culture in shaping the 21st century. CECC’s core mission is the study of culture, literature, art and communication as drivers of societal change and the promotion of advanced research training in the humanities, with a focus on the development of innovative cross-disciplinary challenge-based inquiry.
Specific objectives of the Centre are:
- To promote, coordinate and support lines and projects of research and study in the area of culture studies, literary studies, translations studies, language studies and communication sciences;
- To support the training and specialization of researchers in the scientific areas with which it is concerned;
- To promote activities within a privileged relationship with the different research and teaching units of the Catholic University of Portugal, and in particular the School of Human Sciences;
- To organize and collaborate in congresses, symposia, colloquia, seminars, specialist courses, scientific meeting and cycles of conferences;
- To encourage exchange with other scientific and cultural institutions in Portugal and abroad;
- To promote and support the publication of the results of the research undertaken, and any works of interest for the development of its activity.