A COST Action is an interdisciplinary research network that brings researchers and innovators together to investigate a topic of their choice for four years. They are typically made up of researchers from academia, SMEs, public institutions and other relevant organisations or interested parties.
The COST programme has been nourishing open and inclusive networks of excellence in all scientific domains and has established itself as a platform where people and ideas can grow and establish global connections. It has been contributing decisively to the internationalisation process of research and innovation communities and to global cooperation in science and technology.
The COST intergovernmental framework consists of 40 members (Albania, Austria, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, the Republic of Moldova, Montenegro, The Netherlands, The Republic of North Macedonia, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine, and United Kingdom), one cooperating member (Israel) and one partner member (South Africa).
For more information, visit https://www.cost.eu/
COST Actions in which CECC has been engaged:
1. Completed (please, see our archives section)
- Between 2017 and 2022: CA16213 NEP4DISSENT - New Exploratory Phase in Research on East European Cultures of Dissent
- Between 2016 and 2020: CA15137 HENRESSHI - European network for research evaluation in the social sciences and the humanities
- Between 2014 and 2018: IS1410 DigiLITEY - The digital literacy and multimodal practices of young children (2014-2018):
- Between 2015 and 2017: IS1404 E-READ - Evolution of reading in the age of digitization
- Between 2014 and 2016: FPS COST FP1104 - New possibilities for print media and packaging
- Between 2012 and 2016: IS1203 - In Search of Transcultural Memory in Europe
- Between 2010 and 2014: IS0906 - Transforming Audiences, Transforming Societies
CA18126 COST Action – Writing Urban Places
(15.03.2019 - 14.03.2023)
Writing Urban Places proposes an innovative investigation and implementation of a process for developing human understanding of communities, their society, and their situatedness, by narrative methods. It focuses particularly on the potential of narrative methods for urban development in European medium-sized cities.
By recognising the value of local urban narratives – stories rich in information regarding citizens socio-spatial practices, perceptions and expectations – the Action aims to articulate a set of concrete literary devices within a host of spatial disciplines; bringing together scientific research in the fields of literary studies, urban planning and architecture; and positioning this knowledge vis-à-vis progressive redevelopment policies carried out in medium-sized cities in Europe.