This curricular unit aims to achieve the following capacities:
- To understand the main Communication Studies scientific paradigms;
- To produce critical reflection on each paradigm and their relationships with a set of theories from the field of Communication Studies;
- To identify which paradigm and theories better serve the research design taking into consideration the respective research objectives.
- To understand the strategic business dimension and the context of organizational communication in strengthening the attitudes, virtues, values and vision of organizations;
- Perceiving the role of communication in culture, behaviors, motivation, leadership, change and generation of commitments in organizations;
- Realize the importance of creating and developing positive social capital in organizations.