Phone: (+351) 217 214 293
The Master’s Degree in Childhood Education extends beyond the initial training provided to educators and teachers. With a strong component integrating professional experience and research, this seeks to enable students to conceptualise the theoretical bases and develop reflective competences and structured practices.
This interconnection between knowledge, experience and the reconstruction of knowledge fosters dynamics driving improvements and excellence in professional actions and in the services rendered by educational organisations and other providers of support to children and their families.
Considering the rising importance of the problematics around cultural diversity in the Portuguese education system, there is a need to strengthen and deepen professional training in such areas.
This Master’s Degree thus holds the following objectives:
- Deepening and reconstructing knowledge around Childhood Pedagogy;
- Knowledge about cultural diversity and approaches in educational contexts;
- Praxeological reconstructions of daily educational realities through the development of advanced professional competences across the diverse pedagogic dimensions (pedagogical space and time interactions and grouping children, observation and planning, activities and projects);
- Knowledge around the evaluation of contexts, processes and performance in childhood pedagogy;
- Developing research on childhood education;
- Constructing networks disseminating innovative educational practices.